Monday, October 5, 2015

A Baptism and Some Rosary Bracelets

I had the opportunity to make a baptismal cake this past weekend for the most adorable baby boy.


I really wanted buttercream roses to adorn the front of the cake but I was so tired after having done 3 other birthday cakes earlier that I couldn't do them anymore.  I think though that the simplicity of this cake is what made it more beautiful :) so I'm glad I stopped when I did.

Along with this cake, I also volunteered to make cards and keepsakes for the occasion. 


I did these a week in advance so I actually designed the cake to match them. 


See that beanie the baby is wearing in the photo? Here's a closer look at my cake topper.


Cute, right?

I printed out the cards myself and also handmade the one decade cord rosaries.  The acrylic beads and crucifixes have been in my (almost) forgotten rosary-making stash for ages and it's a good thing I got to use up a lot of them for this purpose. Except for the nylon cord, I didn't spend on anything else.

In the process of making these giveaways, I discovered that I still had a lot of beads and other materials for rosaries.  So I started putting together bracelets for no specific reason and before I even knew it, I already finished a whole bunch!


It's been a long time since I stopped selling rosaries online but I figured since I already had all these bracelets made, there's really no harm in trying again. If you are interested to have one so you can use them for prayer anytime, anywhere, I have them listed in my Etsy shop. I might make some car rosaries as well since I still have a lot of the brown wood beads left.

If you can't have my cakes because you are in the other side of the world, maybe you'd want to own something else created by me?  You can't eat it but you can keep it forever and ever!

Have a good week!

5 comments:

  1. Corinne, your cake turned out just beautiful and I do love the little one decade Rosary cards as well. I also make Rosaries, but have not made them for quite some time. Your bracelets are just lovely!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shows the other side of you, Corinne, your being a servant of the Lord. Well done for using your talents to His glory.

    Khitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Corrine, just wanted ask where did you get your cross plunger? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just used a large cross cookie cutter and then an embosser for the floral pattern. The heart was a separate cutout that I just attached to the cross.

      Delete